We’re living in uncertain times right now. There’s one thing that remains a constant, though: the electric companies keep raising their rates. If you’re tired of paying more for electricity each month, then keep reading. This post will cover a few of the top ways to reduce your energy bill and teach you how you can benefit by installing solar panels in Scottsdale, AZ:
- Install solar panels: The best way to reduce your electric bill is to cut your dependence on the electric company. Instead of relying on energy provided by the electric company, harness the power of the sun for some of your electrical needs. You probably won’t be able to go 100 percent solar, but solar panels yield an average savings of $101 per year!
- Use a load controller: Installing a load controller is another way people can save money each month. A load controller essentially cuts power to certain devices during times of day when energy costs the most. While it may be a small inconvenience, you can save a few bucks each month by using one.
- Close your blinds: Air conditioning is essential for keeping us cool and comfortable. Unfortunately, it’s also one of the biggest users of electricity. Help keep your home cooler during the day by closing the blinds and blocking out the sun. Although you still may need to have the AC on, you won’t need to run it at the coolest setting.
- Turn down the AC: There’s no need to blast the AC when you’re sleeping or while you’re not at home. Make a habit of either raising the temperature while you’re away or turning the unit off completely. This is an easy step that can save you a few dollars throughout the month.
- Upgrade your thermostat: Do you ever leave the house and wonder if you forgot to turn off the AC? If you upgrade to a smart thermostat, you’ll never have to worry about this again! Since you can control the temperature with your smart phone, you can turn the AC off from wherever you are.
- Replace your air filter: You’ll certainly benefit by installing solar panels in Scottsdale, AZ, and you can also benefit by replacing your AC’s air filter! Check your owner’s manual, but most manufacturers recommend replacing the air filter once a month or once every 60 days.
- Lower water heater temperature: We all like to take hot showers, but those hot showers can really set you back! You can save up to $10 each month by lowering your water temperature from 140 degrees to 120. Additionally, this step will help extend the lifespan of your water heater.
Make solar panel installation your new year’s resolution
With 2021 right around the corner, now’s the perfect time to think about installing solar panels at your home. Contact Aneva Solar today to learn how you can benefit by installing solar panels in Scottsdale, AZ or to get an estimate for your new solar panels. We look forward to working with you!
Categorised in: Solar Energy Benefits