Have you been thinking of investing in a solar energy system, but are not sure how to choose between the local solar companies in Scottsdale, AZ? You’re not alone. A solar energy system is a big investment, but most people don’t know a lot about solar energy, and they likely know even less about what it takes to turn their home into a solar powerhouse. Before you sign the contract, here are a few tips for choosing the right solar installers in your area:
- Get recommendations: Do you know someone who has a solar panel system, or have you noticed a home in your neighborhood that does? Ask them about who installed their system and how they felt about the experience. Once people learn about solar energy and install it in their home, they’re often eager to talk about it. Personal recommendations are usually the best place to start when choosing a solar company.
- Read the reviews: If you don’t have anyone to get a recommendation from, the next best place to start is online. Research the local solar companies in Scottsdale, AZ, and be sure to read the reviews. While most companies may have one or two bad reviews, if the general consensus is that a solar company does a great job, you can usually rely on that information.
- Get a quote: Once you’ve narrowed your search to two or three contractors, it’s time to get a quote. Don’t be afraid to ask for quotes up front from multiple companies. Getting a quote will not only give you an idea about what each company has to offer and what they charge, but it will also give you a taste of their quality of service and level of professionalism and experience.
- Check their credentials: If you want to ensure that the company you are working with will install your system carefully and correctly, it’s important to double check their credentials. Any solar company you choose to work with should be licensed to do the job. It’s also a good idea to ask if they are part of any reputable organizations, such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about warranties: Any company that offers quality work should be willing to talk about warranties up front. After all, a solar energy system is a big investment. You need to know that the investment you make is backed by a company that stands behind their work.
- Research the brands: Most solar installers work with specific solar energy brands and designs. Before you sign the contract, be sure to ask what brands your solar company uses and do some research of your own to see how that brand stacks up compared to its competitors.
By keeping these few tips in mind, you can ensure that your energy system installation is a hassle-free experience and that your system will give you a great return on your investment. If you would like to know more about one of the premier local solar companies in Scottsdale, AZ, Aneva Solar, simply give us a call!
Categorised in: Local Solar Companies