If you’re new to having solar panels on your property, you might be wondering how you can tell if they’re working properly. Solar electricity in Scottsdale, AZ is a great option: because Arizona is one of the sunniest states in the nation, it makes sense to harness the natural and reliable power resource. It’s also a great long-term investment which comes with plenty of tax incentives and reduced energy bills—but how will you know if a solar panel stops working?
- Consider the weather report: If you’ve noticed a recent downturn in your energy savings, check the weather. Solar panels operate at a 15 to 25 percent lower capacity on cloudy days compared to sunny ones. Even if it’s been an overcast month, don’t worry. Your savings are calculated on a yearly basis, so a few extra clouds won’t interfere with your long-term investment.
- Find out if your inverter is working properly: Are there red or orange lights on your solar panel inverter? That could mean there’s a problem. The inverter is the hub of your solar panel system, and some function better than others. Your solar panel provider should be able to discuss the different types of inverters with you, and evaluate whether the lights and/or screens are indicating an issue.
- Check the solar meter: Your solar meter collects data and shares it with your solar company. Look for the screen that shows the total kilowatt hours. This describes the amount of energy your solar panels are producing. If you see the total kilowatt hours going up, then you’ll know your panels are working. If the number stays the same or only creeps up incrementally, however, you should call your solar company and find out whether you have cause for concern.
- Look at your power bill: When you have solar panels in Scottsdale, AZ, your electricity usage should be significantly reduced or eliminated altogether, as the electric company will credit you for the power your home is generating. If your electric bill has gone up or you’ve never experienced a reduction in cost, your solar panels may be malfunctioning.
- Call your solar company: If there’s a problem with your solar panels, call the experts. Solar companies should offer a guarantee on their panels and construction. At Aneva Solar, we offer systems that should last 20-plus years, and we’re happy to help troubleshoot problems, because we stand by our work.
Invest in solar electricity in Scottsdale, AZ
If you have questions about how well your solar panels are functioning, or if you’d like to learn more about the benefits of solar energy, contact us today. At Aneva Solar, we pride ourselves not only on the quality of our service and products, but on our dedication to providing a high quality of customer care. We’ll help you find the right products for your lifestyle and install them quickly, professionally and using our years of expertise. If you would like to learn more, get in touch with the team at Aneva Solar today!
Categorised in: Solar Systems